Mudd’s Grove house and grounds are available to rent for special events, such as weddings, receptions and birthdays.
Mudd’s Grove, a Greek Revival home built in 1859, is located in the heart of Kirkwood. It is two blocks west of the Kirkwood Train Station and is located in a lovely residential neighborhood. The grounds feature a gazebo and a beautiful herb garden.
The house provides a lovely intimate setting for parties up to 75 guests. The grounds are available for up to 200 guests. Tents may be used to enhance the garden atmosphere.
General Rules and Rental Fees
- The rental fee for 75 or fewer guests inside the home is $300.
- If party exceeds 75 guests, the event must be held outside.
- The rental fee for outside grounds is $500, with a maximum of 200 guests.
- Mudd’s Grove has some tables and chairs available for inside use only.
- Outside table and chairs are obtained through the caterer.
- All events except “special meetings” must use an approved caterer.
- Approved caterers are:
- Westwood Catering – 314-965-7428
- LaChef Catering – 314-647-5350
- Hanlen’s Meat & Catering Service – 314-966-8606
- Butler’s Pantry – 314-664-7680
- Hollyberry Catering – 314-835-9977
- Wandering SideCar Bar Co. – 314-323-1131
- Great Harvest Bread Co. – 314-821-1848
- Pappy’s Smokehouse – 314-535-4340
- Hendri’s Catering – 314-752-4084
- Caterers handle all food, drinks, tent rental, etc.
- Only the caterers may serve liquor.
Special Rental Fees
- $150 is the fee for use of the facility indoors, excluding the kitchen, for less than 3 hours during the day Monday – Thursday.
- $150 is the fee for use of the grounds only. (House will be locked.)
Kirkwood Historical Society members get a 20% discount, and life members get a 50% discount.
For further information please contact Mike Holley at 314-623-8226 or email@example.com.